Sunday, September 28, 2008

update: no sex

I always seem to be apologizing here for not keeping everyone up to date.
So here is what’s going on. The music guy has been totally cut from my life. He’s not a stable person while there are many things I like about him, I feel like I open up to him, I like how driven he is, we have the same taste in music; but he also enjoys hurting me by using my insecurities and using them against me. And there is something stronger than my interest in him, and that’s my interest in my personhood. So he has been cut out of my life totally. I probably will see him around, and I don’t plan on being rude or loud, I just do not want anything to do with someone who cannot think of my feelings. Whatevs, moving on. [easier said than done, but I am stubborn]

So I did the most patriotic American thing I think I have ever done; and it felt great. I walked in a local gay pride parade with Obama supporters. I think America has lost sight as to what we are about as a country. We are a fearful and close-minded society that has forgotten innovation and new ideas can only come from new ways of thinking and being. As I marched by a group screaming anti-gay activists, demanding we repent or go to hell, I was filled with a greater sense of urgency. I do not deny you your opinion or your place in this march, don’t deny me my right to express my interests and beliefs too. I felt swept up in something bigger than me. I feel like if this election doesn’t go the way I have been working towards, its going to be a really big blow. But for now, I am truly enjoying feeling inspired and active in the things I believe in, and for that I am truly grateful.

No comments: