Thursday, May 8, 2008

My friends are beginning to get married

I’m a wee bit lonely. Not that I don’t have activities I can do to fill my days. I truly do enjoy spending time alone. Hanging out can be a lot of work sometimes and it makes me tired and weary. I love people, I love socializing, but there are times when you want to be able to sit in your pajamas. There are only a few people I feel comfortable with getting comfortable (does that make sense?). I am ready to find that person whom I’m attracted to but can also be included in alone time. I am looking for someone to share downtime with. I want to be able to laugh so hard, I know I look funny. I want to be able to try some new sexual position or even just work out to an exercise video with them in the room and not be nervous that I 1- look stupid 2- might fart.
I think that’s love; being around someone who enjoys life so much, the big events and the small, that you don’t mind occasionally looking funny in front of. You find their funny faces endearing and they find yours cute. I think they call this intimacy.
I’ve had this with some friends over the years, that level of closeness. I let my guard down, don’t worry about being around them makeup-less and laugh until I almost pee. I want this with someone who I can also fuck. I want the added bonus of regular sex that most definitely includes funny faces and weird noises. I want my needs to be your wants, and your wants to be my needs. I want us both to be able to hold that warm squishy center that is vulnerability and finally break down all my walls.
My friends are beginning to get married, and I am worried I am either going to be alone forever or will have to start settling.

2 comments:

unspeakable axe said...

I can relate to that feeling.
Friends will try and say "don't worry, you'll meet someone", but how do they know? Millions of people end up alone. It's just the way it is.

Ok, didn't mean this post to be a downer. I will say that you shouldn't settle though.

Jill P said...

Yeah, I don't see myself settling, but its still pretty crappy being alone. I love my dog, but sometimes I would like someone who can respond when I talk :)