Friday, January 25, 2008

After a Storm, there is a rainbow.

In the past month I have gone through a lot. Thankfully I have been so busy that I really haven’t noticed or have had time to process. I threw myself into work, hobbies and sloughed off my stable. I guess it was my unconscious New Years resolution. I think I needed a serious break to start living my life, I was unconsciously closing myself off I think, or I just wasn’t ready to meet someone special.
I am thoroughly knee deep in serious “like” and it’s rising by the second, I might drown. ;) We’re taking it slow, so no dirty posts for a while (except fantasy and fiction) but I am totally blown away. Is this what it’s supposed to feel like?
He’s in music and I have been trying to get back into it again these days. I was a classical violinist as a child but burnt out after fourteen years of a scheduling that can only be described as grueling. I was being groomed for the biggies, but as a teenager I wanted to experience more than one thing and I rested on my laurels until I finally gave it up. But I am trying to get back and remember what I loved about music to begin with. I know I have said before I love electronic music. Love it. It moves my body and sometimes my soul, I know some people think it’s cheesy and full of losers and druggies but I discovered myself when I discovered house music. I was young, impressionable, sometimes on ecstasy and having a blast. As a musician who loves the power and intensity of symphonic classical music, how could I not fall in love with all the layers of electronic dance music? I could feel through music. Now I want to create that for myself, pull together from all my parts and create something that maybe other people would enjoy just as much. I am a huge fan of dirty, bass thumping on the floor humping nasty lyrics of raw house music, its tough, its fun, it makes me wish I could snarl like Billy idol. Then I like the long trancey progressive sound that’s uplifting, spiritual, and makes you involuntary raise your hands in the air. Sometimes its so good its “oh my fucking god I don’t know if I want to have sex, or cry or dance,” I just feel alive. I want to be able to create that, so I can have something that makes me feel like that. When I want to have those emotions, powerful and floaty, hard core and above it all, sweaty and spiritual, naughty angelic, I can put on something to either bring me back to that on a bad day, or when I am feeling great, make it feel better (if I create this, I will definitely share for all those who like boning to house music).
So back to the story, so he’s in music and he told me he is in the process of actually compiling a mix of all the songs that make him think of me, and by the sounds he usually plays and the person he is, its going to be so spot on.
“I’ll give you that when I’m playing out, you’ll know it’s for you and everyone else just gets to hear it”
Oh my god, where has this one been for so long.

1 comment:

la ebria said...

That is pretty much the sweetest thing anyone could say to you! I'm so happy that, as painful as it was, the drama with the boy has, in many ways, set you free to pursue this new adventure with a truly open heart/mind. Rather than wondering "what if" with someone from your past, you can now have a lot of fun with someone who is clearly giving you more of what you need and so justly deserve